ONLINE Advanced Certified ScrumMaster (A-CSM) Training
Jeroen’s mission is to help transform the world of work and organizations to become a little better every day while applying means like Agile, Scrum, Lean, Kanban, Design thinking, Lean start-up, Growth Hacking etc. in order to help you meet your business goals faster, more efficient and effectively and with more fun. He keeps innovating and excelling, because he believes that every person should be able to do their work with passion and freedom and that is where the best results are created.
Scrum is an agile product development framework that is focused on helping teams to produce successful products that genuinely meet the needs of their customers. While originally used for the development of software based products, Scrum can be and has been used for non-software projects, including for change management.
Scrum supports the introduction of lean and agile principles, with the goal of embracing change, improving quality and maximising return on investment. When used for a software development project, Scrum is most effective when accompanied by agile development practices such as test driven development and continuous integration.
The ScrumMaster has a key role in Scrum. The role is different to that of a project manager, for example the ScrumMaster has no responsibility for planning and controlling projects. Instead, the ScrumMaster supports and encourages the team’s self-organisation and the success of projects by optimising the collaboration between the product owner and development team.
Participants who complete the course and take and pass an online test are awarded the title “Advanced Certified ScrumMaster”.
After following this 2-day training, as an Advanced Certified Scrum Master you can guide the organization towards an even better Scrum way of working. You will be able to
- Facilitate better dialogue between the Product Owner, Scrum Team members, customers, stakeholders, and executives
- Respond confidently when encountering resistance to change, lack of engagement, low motivation, and unavailability of key people
- Increase engagement to encourage greater accountability, commitment, and buy-in
- Scale Scrum and Agile beyond a single team
After the course (in your own time), you will be able to take the Scrum Alliance’s online test. On successful completion of the course and test you will be awarded the title “Advanced Certified ScrumMaster” and receive a two-year membership of the Scrum Alliance. Further information about the certification programme can be found here: http://www.scrumalliance.org/certifications
The course is suitable for everyone who wants to further develop themself as a Scrum Master in order to facilitate the Agile team even better. With the Advanced Certified Scrum Master training you go further in depth and broaden your knowledge and qualities as a Scrum Master.
A good understanding of the Scrum framework is required to be able to participate in this course. Further prerequisites:
- Holding a Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification
- Being able to validate at least one year of demonstrable experience in Scrum & Agile work for the Scrum Alliance
The material is divided into modules during two days. During each module, the trainer will guide you through exercises that help you connect the material to your existing experience, learn new concepts and experience the concepts through practice. Questions are welcome at any time.
- Facilitate better dialogue and better collaboration as a team
- Using Scrum & Agile for more than one team
- Getting to done
- Mastering the Product Backlog
- Removing obstacles and dealing with resistance
- Position yourself within the organization
- Increase involvement and contribute to the adoption of Agile
- Backlog Refinement, Mapping and Scaling techniques
- Digital handouts (English) will be provided for the participants.
- PMP certified participants are eligible to 1 PDU point per training hours as defined in the PMP Handbook on page 42, Category B.
- Please note that it is mandatory to participate during the entire duration of the training, this condition is strictly required for the Scrum Alliance certification.
- The online tool used for this training is Zoom. We’ll send a unique link for each participant before the training and provide the necessary technical information at least 24 hours before the training starts. The precondition for participation and receiving the link is that the training fee arrives at least 2 days prior to the training.
- Precondition for participation is a camera-enabled connection and internet.