Certified Scrum Developer (CSD) Training – ONLINE
- Date: To be announced
- Price: 990 EUR + VAT / participant
- Trainer: Martin
- Language: English
Martin is a passionate software craftsman who likes to run CodeRetreats, and has been involved as a speaker at some of the biggest Agile and Java events in Europe: including ALE, SoCraTes, JAX and GOTO. He has over 15 years’ experience in software development and helping teams to improve their development approaches and practices. He knows how important it is to create an environment, in which the participants are engaged in the learning experience, rather than just watching it happen. His workshops are hands-on, where much of the work is done by the participants. Martin believes that in order to raise the bar in the software industry, we need to take the time to share knowledge and to learn from one another. Accordingly, he helped start the Software Craftsmanship Movement in Europe, in which he is still actively involved. Martin holds a degree in Information Technology from the University of Paderborn, and also studied Computer Science at the Wrocław University of Technology.
When used for software development, Scrum is most effective when accompanied by agile development practices such as test driven development and continuous integration. Through a combination of theory, practice and discussion, the Certified Scrum Developer course by Scrum Alliance provides a thorough introduction to these and other important practices for agile development teams.
Participants will come away with understanding and experience in the most important agile development practices – ready to start to introduce them in their daily work or to improve their current practice.
The course is based around sprints. During these sprints you will work in teams and experience the full range of agile development practices (testing driven development, pair programming, automated acceptance testing, refactoring, continuous integration). The practical work is interspersed with short theoretical sections and group discussion.
The course is suitable for Scrum development team members including programmers and testers.
Some of the practical work requires some knowledge of Java although participants do not need to be experts.
In the Certified Scrum Developer training course, you will learn about the following topics:
- Test-driven development
- Pair programming
- Coding Kata
- Setting up the course development environment
- Group work: analysing the approach for automated acceptance and unit testing in the course project
- Product backlog refinement
- Mocks and other test doubles
- Agile architecture
- Code craftsmanship
- Code sense
- Course retrospective
- Questions and Answers
If you attend the Certified Scrum Developer training course, you will benefit from the following:
- The course will immerse you in the world of agile development practices and Scrum.
- You will get an electronic copy of the course workbook and an extensive follow-up material collection.
- Certification requires active participation in the training. After the training we will register you with Scrum Alliance. After acceptance of the license you will receive your Certified Scrum Developer certification.
- You’ll get a two-year membership of the Scrum Alliance. As a result, you get access to exclusive Scrum Alliance member features and content.
- Project Management Professionals® (PMP) can claim 14 PMI PDUs.