Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) Training – ONLINE
- Next Date: 22 Mar 2021 - 23 Mar 2021
- Price: 990 EUR + VAT / participant
- Early price: 940 EUR + VAT / participant, when paid until 22 Feb 2021
- Trainer: Michael
- CET time: 9:00-17:00
- Duration: 2 days
|MO||22 Mar 2021||9:00-17:00|
|TU||23 Mar 2021||9:00-17:00|
Simon Roberts MBA is an experienced Scrum coach, Certified Scrum Trainer and Scaled Agile Framework Program Consultant. He has been using Scrum and helping organisations to adopt Scrum since 2002 and using agile/lightweight methods since the end of the 1990s. He has in-depth experience in introducing and coaching Scrum in large, medium and small organisations. His recent experience includes working with large telcos, financial institutions (insurance and banking) and game development companies.
Scrum is an agile product development framework that is focused on helping teams to produce successful products that genuinely meet the needs of their customers. While originally used for the development of software based products, Scrum can be and has been used for non-software projects, including for change management.
Scrum supports the introduction of lean and agile principles, with the goal of embracing change, improving quality and maximising return on investment. When used for a software development project, Scrum is most effective when accompanied by agile development practices such as test driven development and continuous integration.
The ScrumMaster has a key role in Scrum. The role is different to that of a project manager, for example the ScrumMaster has no responsibility for planning and controlling projects. Instead, the ScrumMaster supports and encourages the team’s self-organisation and the success of projects by optimising the collaboration between the product owner and development team.
Participants who complete the course and take and pass an online test receive the title “Certified ScrumMaster”.
The online course focuses on the role of the ScrumMaster, deepening your understanding of the principles and practices of Scrum and the role of managers in an organisation that transitions to this methodology. It will help you understand the prerequisites for Scrum and the changes in an organisation that are necessary for sustainable success with Scrum.
After the course (in your own time), you will be able to take the Scrum Alliance’s online test. On successful completion of the course and test you receive the title “Certified ScrumMaster” and a two-year membership of the Scrum Alliance. Further information about the certification programme can be found here:
The course is suitable for everyone who has knowledge on Scrum, has already gathered some experience and wants to deepen their understanding of Scrum. The ScrumMaster role is the focus of the course – however it is suitable for team members or managers who would like to expand their Scrum knowledge.
A good understanding of the Scrum framework is required to be able to participate on this course.
The material consists of modules during three days, each day contains three 90-minute long sessions. During each module, the trainer will guide you through exercises that help you connect the material to your existing experience, learn new concepts and experience the concepts through practice. Questions are welcome at any time.
- Agile Basics
- Scrum Basics
- Team Chartering (ready, done and team agreements)
- Helping a Team to Self-Organise
- User Stories
- The Product Backlog
- Estimating and Planning
- The Daily Scrum
- Sprint Reviews
- Sprint Retrospectives
- Optional: Introduction to Agile Development Practices, Scaling Scrum, Introducing Scrum in the Enterprise
- Participants receive digital handouts (English).
- PMP certified participants are eligible to 1 PDU point per training hours as defined in the PMP Handbook on page 42, Category B.
- Please note that it is mandatory to participate during the entire duration of the training, this condition is a strict prerequisite for the Scrum Alliance certification.
- We will use Zoom for the training. We’ll send a unique link for each participant before the training and provide the necessary technical information at least 24 hours before the training starts. The precondition for participation and receiving the link is that the training fee arrives at least 2 days prior to the training.
- Precondition for participation is a camera-enabled connection and internet.