As an organization development consultant, trainer and coach helping teams to reach a flow state, Daniel's daily task is to give presentations for audiences from 1 to 300 people. He uses a clear, understandable, enjoyable and spontaneous style. When he presents, his objective is to transfer the message in an appealing and off-handed way.
Simon is a Certified Scrum Trainer, Agile Coach and Management Consultant. He speaks regularly on topics such as Radical Management, Intrinsic Motivation in Scrum Teams and Enterprise Scrum Transitions.
Flow is a state of mind discovered by Hungarian psychologist Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi. It is a key component of intrinsic motivation and crucial for personal satisfaction and high performance.
In this workshop we will show how agile change agents such as ScrumMasters, coaches and managers can help their teams to achieve flow.
The workshop is organized as follows:
- What is flow? Theory and an exercise to experience flow state.
- Flow and brain science. The thinking brain, the feeling brain, the importance of the freedom to make decisions.
- Agile and flow. The relationship between the agile and scrum values and principles and flow conditions.
- Leading flow. Creating the context for flow (hardware and software).
- Questionnaire. Participants fill out a self-assessment questionnaire on flow conditions and prerequisites for their team. Participants can receive a reusable PDF as part of the follow-up materials.
- Discussion of the results of the questionnaire in groups.
- Sharing learnings of each group.
After the workshop, participants will understand what flow is, why it is important for agile teams (the missing link between flow and agile) and how to help teams to establish the flow state.
They will leave the workshop with a flow conditions questionnaire that they can apply directly to help their teams reach the flow state.
- Duration: 1 day
- Welcome coffee, lunch, and other coffee breaks are included in the price. Price includes infrastructure and catering services that are stated on the related invoice as individual items.
- Participants can claim 8 SEUs (Scrum Education Units) which count towards the 70 that they need to collect as part of becoming a Certified Scrum Professional.