Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) Training
- Next Date: 07 Oct 2020 - 08 Oct 2020
- Price: 1190 EUR + VAT / participant
- Early price: 1090 EUR + VAT / participant, when paid until 09 Sep 2020
- Trainer: Michael
- Language: English
- Duration: 2 days
Simon Roberts MBA is an experienced Scrum coach, Certified Scrum Trainer and Scaled Agile Framework Program Consultant. He has been using Scrum and helping organisations to adopt Scrum since 2002 and using agile/lightweight methods since the end of the 1990s. He has in-depth experience in introducing and coaching Scrum in large, medium and small organisations. His recent experience includes working with large telcos, financial institutions (insurance and banking) and game development companies.
Scrum is an agile product development management framework that is focused on helping teams to produce successful products that genuinely meet the needs of their customers. While originally used for the development of software based products, Scrum can be and has been used for non-software projects, including for change management. Scrum supports the introduction of lean and agile principles, with the goal of embracing change, improving quality and maximising return on investment. The Product Owner is not simply another name for a project manager. It is a new role that combines product management with some traditional project management responsibilities.The product owner’s responsibilities include creating and communicating a vision for the product, defining priorities, consolidating the needs of all stakeholders and working closely together with the development team.
The course provides an overview to Scrum from the Product Owner’s point of view. On successful completion of the course you will be awarded the title “Certified Scrum Product Owner” and receive a two-year membership of the Scrum Alliance. Further information about the certification programme can be found here:
The Product Owner role is the focus of the course and the course is oriented towards people who will be taking over this role. It is also suitable for business analysts, product managers, line managers or Scrum Masters who want to deepen their understanding of Scrum product ownership.
A good understanding of the Scrum framework is required to be able to participate on this course.
The material is divided into modules. During each module, the trainer will guide you through exercises that help you connect the material to your existing experience, learn new concepts and experience the concepts through practice. Questions are welcome at any time.
- Agile Basics
- Scrum Basics
- The Product Owner Role in Detail
- Ready and Done
- The Product Vision
- The Product Backlog
- User Stories
- Backlog Refinement
- Leveraging Innovation Games in Scrum
- Agile Estimating, Planning and Reporting
- Managing Return on Investment
- The Sprint
- During a Sprint
- Questions and Answers
- Handout (English) will be provided for the participants.
- Welcome coffee, lunch, and other coffee breaks are included in the price. Price includes infrastructure and catering services that are stated on the related invoice as individual items.
- PMP certified participants are eligible to 1 PDU point per training hours as defined in the PMP Handbook on page 42, Category B.
- Please note that it is mandatory to participate during the entire duration of the training, this condition is strictly required for the Scrum Alliance certification.