Istvan is a senior Agile and Lean consultant and trainer with Sprint Consulting, with a passion to help teams improve their processes to remove frustration from the workplace. Having trained hundreds of people and lead transformation projects at a considerable range of organizations in a diverse set of business domains and company cultures, he builds on his real-life experience to help theories become practice.
This intensive course starts with an introduction to Scrum but goes way beyond the basics by diving into well advanced topics. The training material is approved by Scrum Alliance (SA REP).
The material is divided into modules. During each module, the trainer will guide you through lectures and exercises that help you connect the material to your existing experience, learn new concepts and experience the concepts through practice. Questions are welcome at any time.
- Agile Introduction
- Scrum overview
- Exercise to experience common sense in agile
- Roles, responsibilities
- Selection criteria for Product Owners and Scrum Masters
- Meetings, environment
- Artifacts, documents
- Supporting Engineering Practices overview
- Product backlog, Sprint backlog, User Stories
- Sprint planning, running, review, retrospective
- Definition of Done, Ready and Release Criteria
- Product Backlog Refinement (previously called Backlog grooming)
- Alternative Daily Standup technique
- Different burndown charts
- Release planning
- Advanced retrospective techniques
- Scrum simulation
- Reporting, scrum metrics
- Scrum of Scrums
- Distributed projects
- Areas of application, scaling
- Agile transformation steps
- Common pitfalls
- Other topics
- Questions and Answers
- Duration: 2 Days
- Handout (English) will be provided for the participants.
- Welcome coffee, lunch, and other coffee breaks are included in the price. Price includes infrastructure and catering services that are stated on the related invoice as individual items.
- PMP certified participants are eligible to 1 PDU point per training hours as defined in the PMP Handbook on page 42, Category B.