Advanced Product Owner Training
- Date: To be announced
- Price: 890 EUR (333 750 HUF) + VAT / participant
- Language: Hungarian (or English)
- Duration: 2 days
Andrea Török is an Agile consultant, trainer and coach at Sprint Consulting. She has 10+ years of experience in leading and working with teams and has worked as a Product Owner for around 4 years. During this experience she realized that there is no bigger power than a great team. This realization led her on a journey to find better ways on helping to empower individuals and teams alike, experience the power of collaboration and teamwork.
The Product Owner has a key and very complex role in Scrum. Way more than just a writer of User Stories, the role has full business responsibility for the product from budget to profitability via content and scheduling. In order to ensure product success, the Product Owner needs to understand customer value, and accumulate a wide range of communication, prioritization and planning skills.
This course starts with reviewing the basics of the role and then focuses in detail on advanced topics, arming attendees with a new set of tools to help them become real owners of their product and help them prepare and maintain good quality, well ordered product backlogs that are in line with business vision and goals.
The Product Owner role is in the focus of the course, but it is beneficial for anyone who works with requirements, user stories, roadmaps, vision, business goals: product managers, business analysts, technical architects, business managers, scrum masters and even development team members.
A strong understanding of the Scrum framework is required to be able to participate on this course. This means that participating on Sprint Consulting’s 2-day Scrum training is a mandatory prerequisite for this event in cca 95% of the cases. Participating in the 2-day Scrum training can be substituted by a reaching at least 80% on a test based on the course material.
The material is divided into modules. During each module, the trainer will guide you through lectures and exercises that help you connect the material to your existing knowledge, learn new concepts and experience these concepts through practice. Starting from the basics, by the end of the day you will learn advanced agile requirement engineering and management techniques.
- The Product Owner role
- Scaling of the role
- Planning Onion – six layers of planning in Agile
- Introduction to Requirement Engineering
- Product Vision
- Business Model Canvas – the Agile Business Plan
- Story Mapping – upgrading the basic Product Backlog
- Product Scoping – Minimum Viable Product
- Impact Mapping – connecting Deliverables to Business Goals
- Personas – understanding Users better
- Writing good User Stories
- Splitting Epics and User Stories
- Business Value
- Further Prioritization Techniques
- Big Wall – upfront Estimation in Agile
- Non-functional Requirements in Agile
- Handout (English) will be provided for the participants.
- Welcome coffee, lunch, and other coffee breaks are included in the price. Price includes infrastructure and catering services that are stated on the related invoice as individual items.
- PMP certified participants are eligible to 1 PDU point per training hours as defined in the PMP Handbook on page 42, Category B.